Inspired by American Apparel

When we were taking these pictures, my photographer who is a very good friend from uni said 'That shot looked just like an American Apparel one!' and when I was sent the pictures and had a look through them all, I thought the exact same, which I really like. If you aren't sure of what I mean then have a look through the American Apparel Tumblr and you might understand what we mean a little more. I think its the whole brick wall thing, flash and angle of the photos. I like that the flash makes some of these photos look like they were taken in the dark.

Anyway, now onto the outfit. The sun is back in London yay! Well for a few days at least, ever since I got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago we have literally had only a couple days of decent sun. I'm determined to do as much sunbathing as I can whilst the sun is out to keep up my natural tan. As usual I kept everything simple and let the detailing to the talking, and in this outfit that is the skirt which I have paired under this black t-shirt dress. I also decided to pair it with this bright yellow bra from La Senza and I know some people will think when you have your bra showing underneath a dress like this can look quite tacky, but I think the colours here work really well together and going bra less is simply a no-no especially with low cut arm holes on a windy day.
T-shirt dress: Sparkle and fade at Urban Outfitters | Skirt: Zara | Boots: Vagabond

Photographs by: Abdulrahman Salih
Instagram @Iraqish

Jess xo

Comments

Popular Posts